COPYRIGHT and PERMISSIONS
In order to expedite the publishing process and enable IJCSWN to disseminate your work to the fullest extent, we need to have this Copyright Transfer Agreement signed and returned to us as soon as possible. If the Contribution is not accepted for publication this Agreement shall be null and void.
1. The Contributor/Author grants IJCSWN
a license to publish, republish, transmit, sell, distribute and otherwise use the Contribution and the material contained therein in electronic and print editions of the Journal and in derivative works throughout the world, in all languages and in all media of expression now known or later developed, and to license or permit others to do so.
2. Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the Contribution or any material contained therein, in any medium as permitted hereunder, requires a citation to the Journal and an appropriate credit to IJCSWN as Publisher, suitable in form and content as follows: (Title of Article, Author, Journal Title and Volume/Issue IJCSWN.)
B. RETAINED RIGHTS
Notwithstanding the above, the Contributor/Author or, if applicable, the Contributor’s Employer, retains all proprietary rights such as patent rights, in any process, procedure or article of manufacture described in the
Contribution, and the right to make oral presentations of material from the Contribution.
C. OTHER RIGHTS OF CONTRIBUTOR/AUTHOR
IJCSWN grants back to the Contributor/Author the following:
1. The right to share with colleagues print or electronic “preprints” of the unpublished Contribution, in form and content as accepted by IJCSWN for publication in the Journal. Such preprints may be posted as electronic files on the Contributor’s/Author’s own website for personal or professional use, or on the Contributor’s/Author’s internal university or corporate networks/intranet, or secure external website at the Contributor’s/Author’s institution, but not for commercial sale or for any systematic external distribution by a third party (e.g., a listserve or database connected to a public access server).
2. The right, without charge, to photocopy or to transmit online or to download, print out and distribute to a colleague a copy of the published Contribution in whole or in part, for the Contributor’s/Author’s personal or professional use, for the advancement of scholarly or scientific research or study, or for corporate informational purposes in accordance with Paragraph D.2 below.
3. The right to republish, without charge, in print format, all or part of the material from the published Contribution in a book written or edited by the Contributor/Author.
4. The right to use selected figures and tables, and selected text (up to 250 words, exclusive of the abstract) from the Contribution, for the Contributor’s/Author’s own teaching purposes, or for incorporation within another work by the Contributor/Author that is made part of an edited work published (in print or electronic format) by a third party, or for presentation in electronic format on an internal computer network or external website of the Contributor/Author or the Contributor’s/Author’s employer.
5. The right to include the Contribution in a compilation for classroom use (course packs) to be distributed to students at the Contributor’s/Author’s institution free of charge or to be stored in electronic format in datarooms for access by students at the Contributor’s/Author’s institution as part of their course work (sometimes called “electronic reserve rooms”) and for inhouse training programs at the Contributor’s/Author’s employer.
D. CONTRIBUTIONS OWNED BY EMPLOYER
1. If the Contribution was written by the Contributor/Author in the course of the Contributor’s employment (as a “work-made-for-hire” in the course of employment), the Contribution is owned by the company/employer which must sign this Agreement (in addition to the Contributor’s/Author’s signature), in the space provided below. In such case, the company/employer hereby assigns to IJCSWN, during the full term of copyright, all copyright in and to the Contribution for the full term of copyright throughout the world as specified in paragraph A above.
2. In addition to the rights specified as retained in paragraph B above and the rights granted back to the Contributor/Author pursuant to paragraph C above, IJCSWN hereby grants back, without charge, to such company/employer, its subsidiaries and divisions, the right to make copies of and distribute the published Contribution internally/externally in print format or electronically on the Company’s internal network.
The Contributor/Author and the company/employer agree that any and all copies of the Contribution or any part thereof distributed or posted by them in print or electronic format as permitted herein will include the notice of copyright as stipulated in the Journal and a full citation to the Journal as published by IJCSWN.
Y. CONTRIBUTOR’S REPRESENTATIONS
The Contributor/Author represents that the Contribution is the Contributor’s original work. If the Contribution was prepared jointly, the Contributor/Author agrees to inform the co-Contributors/co-authors of the terms of this Agreement and to obtain their signature to this Agreement or their written permission to sign on their behalf. The Contribution is submitted only to this Journal and has not been published before, except for “preprints” as permitted above. (If excerpts from copyrighted works owned by third parties are included, the Contributor/Author will obtain written permission from the copyright owners for all uses as set forth in IJCSWN’s permissions form or in the Journal’s Instructions for Contributors/Authors, and show credit to the sources in the Contribution.) The Contributor/Author also warrants that the Contribution contains no libelous or unlawful statements, does not infringe on the rights or privacy of others, or contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury.